Saturday, October 11, 2008

More Than I Can Bear


So numb from the pain

To give in means certain death for

All my hopes and dreams were truly in vain

Parts of me die with each breath

I look for answers with closed eyes

While the voices in my head scream out WHY?

What did I do to you to make it all a lie?

My heart aches to comprehend

While my mind races the race with no end

Afraid to breath for it will give it life

Afraid to look at the truth in broad daylight

You turned your back on me

After claims of loving me madly

You left me standing in the rain

I then turned to the wrong men

To ease the pain

To hide from the truth

To pretend I did not loose

I believed you and your words

You held me up when I was weak

You made me believe and want life

I let you into my heart, into my world

Made you a big part of my soul

And now I wonder… how could I have been so wrong?

My heart is now parched and deserted

Uninhabitable I have become

I beg to cry the tears that aren’t coming

To give a voice to the anger that won’t show its face

Like a widow, there is no color without you here

But you made sure there is no going back…

Painting for me the face of fear

Please release me from this prison...

For this is far more than I can ...........

No comments: